The metabolism is a function of the body that seems really intimidating when you don’t know a lot about it. When we’re holding onto excess body weight, it’s common to blame the metabolism. It can seem difficult to initially kickstart your metabolism, but once you know what it needs to function properly, it’s just about getting those habits into place.
Here are three tips to implement to kickstart your metabolism and reset it.
Getting adequate sleep is so important for a healthy, thriving metabolism. It’s one of the most effective things you can implement into your life for your health. The time we spend sleeping is the time our bodies repair themselves. This repair process is essential for our muscles, ligaments, bones, and organs. When we’re constantly sleep deprived, the body views this as being in danger. That may seem extreme, but think about it from a historical standpoint. When our ancestors were constantly on the lookout for predators, they would take shifts staying awake to keep the community safe. So when we deprive our bodies of sleep, our instinct is that we’re not in a safe enough environment to rest and there must be a reason we’re depriving ourselves. So, do yourself a favor and get some shut eye.
The most important meal of the day. Have you ever realized that breakfast literally says we’re breaking a fast? It’s important to break your fast with lots of protein. Your breakfast sets the tone with the relationship of your food for the rest of the day. If you skip on the protein during breakfast, chances are you’re going to be hungry again very soon, probably well before your designated lunch time. There’s also been correlations shown that people who eat a large, protein-heavy breakfast are much less likely to overeat and snack in the evenings. So, do yourself a favor and make some eggs in the morning to start your day.
Those pesky adds sugars are omnipresent in the standard American diet. They’re everywhere. I’ve picked up multiple packages labeled “organic” only to discover they’re blasted with added sugars. It’s so frustrating that food production companies are allowed to get away with this lingo, but there’s really no guidelines stopping them, so in true capitalism fashion, they put whatever is needed to draw in the consumer. The only thing we can really do is check the nutrition labels of what we buy. Make sure your organic products aren’t loaded with added sugars. Be aware of what you’re actually putting into your body and make sure that it’s supporting your health.
Those three habits are easily incorporated into every lifestyle. They may seem like small things, but they have the potential to make the world of a difference in your health.
If you’re interested in learning more about the metabolism and how it functions, I have a 10 week metabolism reset program that is helping individuals view both food and their bodies differently. If you’re interested in this program, reach out, and we can get your metabolism reset!
I try to get enough sleep… my body doesn’t let me…
I hear you. A lot of people face this challenge. Try to implement consistent wake and bed times and routines and see if you notice any improvement!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I truly appreciate this information. It reinforces what I am trying to relearn. My husband lost weight and dropped a diabetes medicine going keto. I find I don’t have the 100% commitment he had but I have maybe 90%. I have cut out pasta and rice and sugary soda and supersweet sweets, going more for fruit and homemade breads made with fruit and nuts and oatmeal. Now I just have to work on my sleep….ha….
LikeLiked by 1 person
That’s amazing!! Diabetes is such a scary disease 🤯 So happy y’all have been able to make positive changes for your health!! 🙂 I like to think I follow an 80/20 rule. 80% of the time I eat clean, supportive foods and the other 20% of the time I let myself have whatever I’m craving! The balance works well for me without feeling restricted.
Also, I’ll be taking new clients in July if either of you’re interested in going through my metabolism reset program! I’m happy to give you more information and answer any questions you may have! 🙂